How do I tell 1Password to ignore specific sites?

Options

My company has now required that we use another product for business related work. I want to keep my personal passwords in 1Password and the business passwords in the other product. Is there a way to tell 1Password to stop asking if I want to save the password on a specific site? Also, how to I prevent the icon from showing on dropdown boxes within an application?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS Big Sur 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:bypass password on specific site

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@JoyW

The options for the inline menu are as follows.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

--

You can also use 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Autosave. Enter the website in the box to stop save prompts.

• JoyW
    JoyW
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I want to make sure I understand - these instructions are for suppressing 1Password on dropdown boxes on a web page, correct? And the single instruction at the bottom is to bypass certain URLs?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@JoyW

The top set will provide options for the inline menu in Safari.

Yes, the single set of instructions at the bottom is to stop the autosave prompt. Sorry if I was unclear. I'm still working on my morning coffee. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.