1Password X / FireFox - Browser extension does not recognize my login to .eu

Options
  1. Install browser extension "1password X"
  2. Click on 1Password symbol in the browsers top bar -> login screen is opened with 1password.com
  3. in the dropdown near the footer change from 1password.com to 1password.eu -> I'm logged in my account and can
  4. Click on 1Password symbol in the browsers top bar (which still has the locked symbol) -> login screen is opened again with 1password.com
  5. then I tried right click on the 1Password symbol and click on "preferences" (don't know exactly if the menu point is called like this, in German it's "Einstellungen" which also could be "options" in English)
  6. In the preferences window I scrolled down to bottom and clicked on "[+] Sign in to an account" -> login screen is opened again with 1password.com

Even there is currently a running login session to 1password.eu, the browser extension (1Password X) for firefox does not recoginze it.

I also tested the browser extension in chrome, and that problem only exists in FF.
In chrome the browser extension logged in within step 6, as the login session will be displayed on login screen and I select it.

Is there a possibility to force the extension to use the .eu-domain as default?
Would that maybe solve the issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Linux Mint 20
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sbasler ,

It sounds like your Firefox might be clearing cookies and cache often (perhaps too often?). If Firefox doesn't remember your session and you're being asked for your email, Master Password and Secret Key when you try to log in - it means the browser has no memory of you ever signing into the website before.

1Password X will always open 1Password.com, and you do need to manually switch to .eu , but the issue where Chrome remembers your session and allows you to sign in with your Master Password only is related to the browser's cache/cookies. Firefox is known to be a bit too strict when it comes to privacy, so check your Firefox's settings and see if you can retain history/cache.

• sbasler
    sbasler
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick! I checked the FF preferences in "privacy and security" section. In that section I swiched to "user defined" and removed blocking of cookies.
    Thanks a lot for you hint.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sbasler ,
    I'm really glad to hear everything is working as expected now. Well done :)

This discussion has been closed.