Reused password warning when sharing logins across different vaults

Options
smhex
smhex
Community Member

Hi,

I have a family account and created an additional "shared" vault where I put logins into which we all use (e.g. for controlling smart home devices). Now 1Password gives me a warning due to password reuse. However, I don't want to "move" such items. Is there a way to avoid the warning in such cases?

There was a discussion on that problem here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/528313#Comment_528313 but no solution...

Thanks
smhex

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smhex!

At the moment there is no way to suppress these warnings if you decide to duplicate the item instead of sharing it. However, we are looking at ways to improve this, so in the meantime I have shared your feedback with the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• smhex
    smhex
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Okay, thank you. I'll sit back and wait :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @smhex! And you are welcome :)

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. If I duplicate and share then also it shows password reused. Why the item is copied to another vault it's actually a duplicate.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@vishalsheth

If the item is shared its generally a better idea for the item to reside in the shared vault. That will ensure you always have an updated copy. Items are not updated across different vaults.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    So common items or shared items remain in shared folder and only one person can have have edit rights so no changes can be made by anyone else. Let me confirm, when there's no edit right so this means that they don't have delete right too, is this correct?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@vishalsheth

Items in the default shared vault are equally shared among family members. They can make edits and or delete the item. If that were done accidentally, we also have a year of item history where you can restore it.

You could create a new vault.

This discussion has been closed.