1Password 7.x for Microsoft Edge -> Plugin only for Abo Accounts

Hi all,

I tried to find some answers but haven't found an answer for my question.
I switched form Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge Chromium and the only 1Password Extension (1Password X, V 1.22.3) which is available in the Edge Extension store allows only the use of the cloud based family/enterprise Abo accounts.

In Chrome, I am able to use my locally installed 1Password 7.6 with the 1Password extension (desktop app required) V 4.7.5.90.

As far as I know both browsers are mostly "extension compatible" but it seems the agilebits decided to offer only the Abo based plugin.

So my question is: Am I right and am I only able to use my local 1Password Desktop with Chrome?

1Password Version: 7.6.790
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Desktop App + Dropbox

Comments

• OMG... just solved it:
    It enabled in Edge (Extension Menue) the option to allow extensions from other stores... (bottom left). Then you need to use the link "Chrome Web Store" in the middle to browse to the normal Chrome extension store.... there you can pick the 1Password Extension for Desktop Apps....

A bit tricky... but it works perfectly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pBanane ,

As you mentioned, The new Edge is Chromium based, so you can indeed basically install any extension from the Chrome webstore. What you did was correct :)

We don't see the need to add both extensions to every browser's extensions store because that is A LOT of maintenance, so we only add 1Password X in case users search the local browser's store, but if they want the old companion extension they can always get it from Chrome's store.

This discussion has been closed.