Do I need to merge vaults on Mac?

Options

I have both Personal and Primary vaults on my Mac, but only Personal on my iPhone. Not everything in my Primary Mac vault is in my Personal Mac vault. The Mac and iPhone are not syncing properly; items in my Primary vault on my Mac are not showing up on my phone. How do I merge the 2 vaults on my Mac, remove duplicates, and get a proper sync to my phone? Thanks for any help. this appears to have happened with the purchase of a new phone, but I could be wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:persona or primary vault

Comments

• @sraskin

If the phone only has a Primary, it sounds like you need to add your membership to the phone and then remove the Primary vault. The Primary vault cannot sync with a membership. I know you're using one of our memberships because you mentioned having a Personal vault. The Personal vault is specific to our membership offerings. It's best to remove the Primary vault to prevent confusion and what I call data fragmentation. That's where data exists in one location and not the other.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• The Primary vault needs to be removed on each device.
    • Please check for items on each device that may not have been added to your Personal vault, and accidentally saved in the Primary.
This discussion has been closed.