Can you link app and web logins for the same service to avoid the "same password" watchtower alert?

Options

I noticed that I have a lot of same password alerts because the app and web browser logins for the same service are being treated as two different accounts. For example, I use both the You Need a Budget (YNAB) app and webbrowser service. The App and Webbrowser versions of YNAB use the same login information since I only have 1 YNAB account. But, for the purpose of 1password they're registered as two different accounts. Therefore, even though I used the 1password password generator to update my password to something unique, I'm still getting a same password alert for the account. I have this issue with a lot of different services. Is there a way to link the two accounts in 1password so the software knows they're technically the same account? Just two different access points?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app vs web

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @katmburke ,

You can add the website's login URL in the login item of the app. When you are editing a login item, you'll see a username field, a password field and a website URL field. You can add as many website URLs as you need, and that login item will be valid in all of them. So take the login item of the app, edit it and add the website's URL as an additional website field, then see if that login item works both in the app and on the website. If it does, feel free to delete the other login that works only on the website.

• Thank you! That makes so much sense. I appreciate the quick response!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.