1P7 Slow Sync between Macs and iOS

Options
typ993
typ993
Community Member

For some reason, Spotify decided to reset my password yesterday, so I generated a new password and saved it to my Spotify login in 1P7. I'm running the latest version on several Macs/iPhones/iPads. I'm using a 1P Families account, so sync is through 1Password.

However, when I went to another Mac to access Spotify (a couple of hours later and had to use the new password), the copy of 1P on that Mac still had the old password. Same deal last night with an iPad. It was only until I opened 1P on EACH INDIVIDUAL device that the new password synced up to that device.

I thought syncing was supposed to happen in the background. This is definitely not expected behavior and not what I'm paying for with the families account. I expect this to just work and it's not. Please fix.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@typ993

iOS may only sync once 1Password is opened due to a number of factors, specifically, iOS putting it to sleep. On the Mac, it's a bit different. We have a notifier service that runs in the background looking for changes. We're investigating reports such as yours where syncing is delayed. It's possible something may be blocking our communication on your device or network. We are working to determine what's going on. In the time being, I might suggest switching vaults from one to another and back again. This has helped others who have experienced the same behavior.

• typ993
    typ993
    Community Member
    Options

That's encouraging it's a known problem. Are you saying that switching vaults on one device will then cause all devices to sync? Otherwise, that's no better than my "solution" of opening 1P on each device.

• typ993
    typ993
    Community Member
    Options

Also, just to note that this instance isn't the only time this has happened. This seems to be a more recent phenomenon (like maybe last 6-8 months?). Prior to that, sync was working as expected.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@type993

From the other reports, this would be specific to the Mac app. You should not experience syncing issues between 1Password.com and an iOS device, for example. At least no problems that I am aware of.

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I'm seeing the same behavior on my MacBook Pro (Intel) and my M1 Mac mini. Both are running Big Sur. I'll try the vault switch as a workaround. If I can contribute logs or any other information to help troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks.

• Sounds like a plan. Thank you for the offer. We'll keep that in mind.

This discussion has been closed.