Is the iOS autofill functionality unable to detect subdomains?

Options
lumarel
lumarel
Community Member

Dear 1Password team,

I did try to search for this topic but was unable to find a matching one, so I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before.
(Please do not hesitate to move this if there is already one)

As the title already says I have a question about the autofill functionality on iOS :)
I'm ramping up my internal services since a few years which means they all have gotten a subdomain of my major internal domain name.

When the time came that Apple opened up the autofill functionality to you as well, this was already a really great help in a seamless integration in Safari :chuffed:
But now as my subdomains are getting more and more I experience the clicking on the key, scrolling the long list to the bottom, clicking on "1Password..." and getting the right login on the top quite often lately.

Here in a picture for a better understanding (yes there is my domain and subdomain visible, but as this is so generic I don't mind it):

So my real question in the end is, is it even possible to fix that, or is this a limitation of the iOS framework? :)

Thank you for your great platform and features/improvements over all these years!

~lumarel

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.3
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @lumarel!

1Password by default suggests login items for the entire domain, even if they use different subdomains. This is so that, for example, if you have a login item for mail.google.com, you can use it also with myaccount.google.com and any other Google service URL.

In your specific scenario, this causes a longer list of suggestions, but this is by design at the moment. However, I can tell you that we have been discussing whether we can improve this feature for the future. While we have nothing to share about this at the moment, it's a request that we are aware of :)

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your fast answer @ag_ana ! :chuffed:

Off course for a lot of webservices this behavior is the most favorable one
    Maybe prioritizing the exact domains, so they are on the top of the list/directly offered, would be the solution ^^

And only to hear that you are already on that topic (and even possible to tackle) is enough for me :+1:

Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @lumarel! In the meantime, I have passed your feedback directly to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thank you very much @ag_ana :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.