autofill username divided in two fields

Options

is it possible to autofill usernames which consist of two fields in the login form? In my example part one is a social security number and part two a birth date?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:login multiple fields

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @matiasch!

This is often possible if you save the login manually in the browser. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• matiasch
    matiasch
    Community Member
    Options

Following the instructions gives only an entry containing the adress of the web site.

I'm going to attach a screenshot

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hey @matiasch ,
    Thanks for the screenshot.

I managed to reach that website and test that page - 1Password does not identify it as a login page since there's no password field anywhere there, and therefore nothing is being collected and recorded in 1Password.

You can, however, manually create these fields in your 1Password login item, like so: https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/en/wx1vp3giq4f6.png

This will allow you to autofill the fields on that page if you create the fields identically to what I show in the screenshot, just change the numbers to your actual login data.

• matiasch
    matiasch
    Community Member
    Options

thank you very much! How could I find out the field names myself?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hey @matiasch ,
    I'm glad to hear that worked :)

You can discover fields' HTML name by right clicking inside the field and selecting "Inspect" or "Inspect Element".
    If you use Safari, you might need to enable the developer menu from Safari's preferences in order to have that option when right clicking.

• matiasch
    matiasch
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @matiasch! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.