How do I open my old backup file? (1Password 2018-02-14 102310 (213 items).agilekeychain_zip)

Options

I have an old backup that I need to access. I believe it was made using 1Password 4. I even tried downloading the old 1Password 4 to open it, but when I click Open vault, it doesn't let me select the file.

I tried:
Renaming the file to 1Password 2018-02-14 102310 (213 items).agilekeychain
Renaming the file to 1Password 2018-02-14 102310 (213 items).agilekeychain.zip

Thank you!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Someone1231! Welcome to the forum!

What is the exact name of this backup file before you tried renaming it?

• Someone1231
    Someone1231
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

So back in 2018 I have made an archive with 2 vaults + the 1Password 4.exe (because I thought I might not be able to download it in the future and may need it to open these vaults). Here is the content of the archive that I have made:

I need to open the two vaults inside that archive. I am sure I have not renamed the file/extension, I just grabbed whatever backup file 1Password 4 made, but maybe they changed when I archived or something.

When I change the extension of these vaults to .zip and open the archive, this is the content of the vault:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Someone1231:

Thank you for the clarification! Please see this documentation page for the instructions on how to open this backup file so you end up with a .agilekeychain file which you can then import into 1Password 4 once again ;)

How to open a .agilekeychain_zip backup

• Someone1231
    Someone1231
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, I got it open using that tutorial. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Someone1231! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.