Uploading iPad 1p4_zip file to 1Password.com

Options
justtracy
edited January 2021 in Mac

I've been using 1Password on my Mac and phones for years. I recently moved my data to a Family Plan vault. I am a member and not the owner.

I started a fresh individual 1Password.com online account.

I copied the 1p4_zip backup (that was going to iCloud) from my iPad to my Macbook desktop.

How do I get this backup to the 1Password website?

My iPhone, iPad and Macbook are connected to a Family Plan vault. The iPhone and iPad for some reason are syncing to iCloud and that data is accurate. The Macbook is syncing to the Family Plan vault on 1Password.com is not accurate and only shows 1/2 of my passwords and a lot of old data.

I'd like to get out of this family plan and just upload my iCloud backup to the new 1Password individual account and then point all three devices to the new 1Password.com data.

Thanks.

Tracy

--

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.7 (70700015)
OS Version: MacOS 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @justtracy! Welcome to the forum!

There is an easier way to do this that does not require handling the backup file manually:

1. Add your new Individual account to the 1Password app on your iPad
    2. Move your data from your iCloud vault (which is probably called Primary) to your new vault in the 1Password.com account you added in the previous step

On your phone, you just need to do step 1 again to have all your devices now synced with 1Password.com.

• Thank you @ag_ana I'm almost there. Your steps did work and in the process I found out why I was having problems in the first place. I really appreciate your reply. Have a great day.

Tracy

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

This discussion has been closed.