Multiple Google accounts selector issue

Options
MONKi1P
MONKi1P
Community Member

What happens is: I have a few Google accounts and when I select one to login, immediately 1Password the TOTP before I have filled in the password, and then on the password entry I am not presented with the account I had selected for the username, and after having to manually select the correct account the TOTP is copied again.

The two main issues:
(1) Why copy the TOTP after filling in the username?
(2) Why does 1Password not remember which account's username I had just filled in?

Am I doing something wrong here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MONKi1P!

I have tested this on my iOS device, and 1Password did remember the correct account for me. I do see what you are seeing with regards to the TOTP however: I think this happens because 1Password always copies the TOTP after you fill, regardless of what you fill. Most websites have username and password on the same page, so it makes sense to copy the TOTP right away. For websites such as Google, which split the login page, 1Password will simply copy the TOTP twice, so you have the correct one by the time you have entered your account password.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

So I've gone ahead and tested it on both my iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14.3 and my iPadPro 14.3. They both have the same problem with a twist, the default account displayed on one is different from the other and the account I tested it on is a 3rd one and neither of them remembered the 3rd account and offered me to fill in the default account. I hope we get to the bottom of this because this is annoying with sites where I have multiple accounts.

As for the TOTP, maybe in a future update 1Password can catch sites that have 2 page logins and only copy the TOTP on the second page. It's not a big deal but visually a bit polluting to see the copy notification twice in a row.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

Are you able to record a short video of this happening? To avoid posting it on the forum, you could email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com if it's not too heavy as an attachment. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.