I want to have 1PW kick-off an independent browser when I click on website

Currently 1PW will use a browser from WITHIN 1PW instead of kicking off an independent iteration of the browser. This makes it impossible to use the info I have stored in 1PW for things like security questions. I then have to COPY the url from within 1PW to a separate browser and then log in from there. I would rather 1PW just initiate a separate browser connection when I click on a saved url in 1PW. FOR INSTANCE, in creating this question, below it’s asking me for the 1PW version but because 1PW kicked off this browser, I can’t now go back and look for the 1PW version without getting out of creating this question. PLEASE tell me there’s a way to have 1PW initiate a SEPARATE browser instantiation when I click on a stored url.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 14.3
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Using firefox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rjchombre!

Are you always launching websites directly from inside the 1Password app? I wonder if you perhaps have ever given the autofill extension a try instead?

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

This will work directly in Safari, so you can then open the 1Password app separately :+1:

• rjchombre
    rjchombre
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana, thank you for your reply. I do use the autofill extension. For instance, I may get an email to pay a bill and I will click on the url within the email and then use autofill to fill in my id/password and it works great. My question is referring to when I click on a url from within 1PW. I want that to initiate a separate browser instantiation. For example, there are times when I need to update my credit card info on a particular site so I’m going directly from 1PW where I have all of my login info saved. But sometimes, after clicking on the url with 1PW, that site will “challenge” me with security questions which I have saved in 1PW but now I can’t get back to 1PW without ending my session. If there’s a way around that please let me know but I have not found a way to stay within a website when I have clicked on a url from within 1PW but get back to 1PW without ending my session.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rjchombre:

I want that to initiate a separate browser instantiation.

Instead of tapping the website field directly, which launches the built-in 1Browser, please tap on the website field and keep it tapped until some options appear above the selection. One of those will be named Open in Browser, which will open Safari ;)

• rjchombre
    rjchombre
    Community Member

Ag_ana, that works!!! I wasn’t aware of that technique. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. That will make things so much easier.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @rjchombre! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.