Munged up master password but still getting in with fingerprint, any hope of recovery?

Options
Laurelyn
Laurelyn
Community Member

Yes, I did that most suboptimal of suboptimal things, I changed my Master Password while I was out of ADHD meds _and _ I didn't set up another family administrator first. I can still get into my vaults on my Galaxy S9+ with my fingerprint, although it complains, but I'm hosed on browser (Kindle Fire, Windows 10, Chromebook whatever-it-is-this-week).

1. Is there anything I can do short of exporting all the vaults & setting up a new account? I'm thinking not, 1Password is pretty darn clear about your Master Password being your own responsibility, and I've beat my brows with wet noodles extensively, trust me.
  2. How would I go about exporting the vaults? Or do I have to just cobble together what I have between Google Accounts, Firefox Sync, and whatever and take the big scarlet L?

1Pass for Android v7.7.2, Windows 7.6.785

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Laurelyn. Sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! You're right that your Master Password is the only way into your account. We can't reset it for you, and it can't be changed on your end without entering the current one.

The good news is that, since you have access to the local data on Android, you can indeed set up a new account and migrate your data into it.
    1. Sign up for a new account at 1Password.com.
    2. Sign into the account from 1Password for Android.
    3. Move your data from the old account into the new one.

Once you get there, please email us so we can help move the subscription over. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.