To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Guest account sharing

Options
MONKi1P
MONKi1P
Community Member

Does sharing a vault to another paying 1Password member use up a guest slot on both accounts or only on the persons’ who shared it?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MONKi1P!

Only on the account who shares it :+1:

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Can the other person add to that vault?

• @MONKi1P

Yes. They can only add/change items in the specific vault they have access to. Guest accounts are limited to a single vault that you would designate.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

So if they add an item, can they move it out of the vault? Or am I the owner of all items in that vault? And what happens when I I share the vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

You are the owner of the account (since you are inviting another person to your account) and of the vault you are sharing. The other person will simply have access to this vault, and to this vault only.

And what happens when I I share the vault?

The other person will have access to this vault and to the items inside it:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I meant to say unshare? Items the guest added will remain inside and they will loose access?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

Correct: if you want to unshare the vault, you need to remove the guest from your user list. They will not have access to the vault anymore, but the vault itself will remain inside your account as before you shared it.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Got it :) so is there any way of knowing which items the guest added or modified? Or would we need to create some tagging code that we attach?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

We have a feature that shows which user last edited items in shared vaults, but this is currently only available if you view vaults on the 1Password.com website, so perhaps using tags for this would be quicker ;)

Organize with favorites and tags

This discussion has been closed.