how do i add categories?

Options
twins_dad
twins_dad
Community Member

All I want to do is add a stupid category to my sidebar. I can't figure out how to do this. I'm new to 1Password and am REALLY frustrated with it. Not incredibly intuitive

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 11.1
Sync Type: I don't know what this means
Referrer: forum-search:how do i add categories

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @twins_dad! Welcome to the forum!

It is currently not possible to add new categories in addition to the built-in ones (we will probably not add any more built in categories to the app, because no matter how many we add, there will always be some more missing, and which some users would like to have).

Instead, we are currently beta testing custom categories in our 1Password Business accounts. Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types ;)

• twins_dad
    twins_dad
    Community Member
    Options

Well that stinks. You've got all sorts of screen shots showing tons of categories; better change those. With no categories how do I organize my different items?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@twins_dad:

You've got all sorts of screen shots showing tons of categories; better change those.

Which categories do you think are missing exactly? In the meantime, you can use the built-in categories when you create items:

If you want additional organization tools, you can also use tags:

Organize with favorites and tags

For even more separation, you can use additional vaults:

Create and share vaults

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I also checked some of our screenshots which show categories lists (for example the one here), and all of them include categories that are still available, so I don't believe they need to be updated. If you found some screenshots that show categories that are not available, by all means let us know and we will be happy to take a look and update them :+1:

This discussion has been closed.