SOLVED: The iphone vault is updated with an old one from the Mac, instead of the other way around

Options
JoseLuisR
JoseLuisR
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Environment: Mac OS Big Sur with 1Password 6. WLAN synchronization between Mac, iPhone and iPad.
1- I have erased the hard drive and have done a clean install of Big Sur.
2- I have a backup of my vault from May 2020.
3- After installing 1Password 6 in the new Big Sur (it asks for a license, which I have lost) I used the old backup I had.
4- Then I have synchronized (WLAN) the Mac with the iPhone. I thought the Mac's vault would be updated with the iPhone's, but the result has been just the other way around: now the iPhone has the data from the old backup, the one the Mac is using.
5- I have not synchronized the iPad, so as not to lose the information.
6- The question: is there any way to update Mac and iPhone with iPad data? Can I somehow save the vault that I have on the iPad?

Thanks a lot, guys, and sorry for my English

HOW DO I SOLVED MY PROBLEM:
1- Backup in iPad (Settings-Advanced-Backup)
2- Copy backup to Mac using Finder
3- Restore backup in Mac

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1 Big Sur
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update and for sharing these instructions @JoseLuisR! I am glad that everything is working as expected once again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• JoseLuisR
    JoseLuisR
    Community Member
    Options

Please, @ag_ana , this morning I had also sent an email to the 1Password mailbox with this same problem. Consider it resolved as well. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Understood @JoseLuisR, thank you for letting me know! I will mark your email as resolved as well then :+1:

• JoseLuisR
    JoseLuisR
    Community Member
    Options

Oh no, that is another ticket about license, not this about vault. Please, open it again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Done @JoseLuisR :+1:

This discussion has been closed.