Mini and destop app not synced

Disillusioned
Disillusioned
Community Member

I've searched the forum and I understand Mni and desktop app are supposed to use the same database. They don't seem to be in my case.

I had to change my amazon password. I did this in the desktop app. Now 1password Mini has 2 amazon accounts, one with the old password and one with the new password.

How do I get Mini to work properly again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Disillusioned
    Disillusioned
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Update: I deleted my amazon password entirely from the 1password app.

I've also quit Mini by using the 'Quit 1password entirely' menu.

Upon relaunch 1password still has no amazon password, but Mini still shows the old account and password.

I shoud say I am really not very happy about this 'upgrade' so far. Not only has it got more expensive, and become a monthly subscription, IPassword7 is much slower and doesn't work as well as 1Password 6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Disillusioned! Welcome to the forum!

The 1Password desktop app and 1Password mini use the same database, that is correct. They actually cannot use different databases (1Password mini and 1Password for Mac are actually part of the same app) so for sure they must use the same one :+1:

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password 7 app you are using, and on what operating system?

I wonder if perhaps what you are referring as "1Password mini" is actually the browser extension instead, which might be causing part of the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.