To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a license for 1password 7.7 Am I required to pay the 2.99 per month

Options
Jmano
Jmano
Community Member

I have a license for 1password 7.7. I am locked out. Am I required to also pay the $2.99 per month?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license for 1password 7.7 Am I required to pay the 2.99 per month

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jmano!

No, a subscription is not mandatory if you are happy with your standalone license. You would only subscribe if you wanted to use the additional features that come with a 1Password subscription:

About 1Password membership

I am locked out.

Can you please elaborate? Where are you locked out exactly?

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

The extension does not work now. When I go to the main 1password site, it will not perform. I must copy the web page, my name and password and put them in seperately to gain access. All that works is the promo for the added features.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmano:

What version of the 1Password browser extension have you installed?

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana
    I believe this is all related to the $2.99 per mo upgrade.
    The extension was installed thru the 1password site.
    I am running a Mac os 11.1 Big Sur - Safari 14.0.2
    I got the extension to come up but when I choose a site it does not show the button to load the site page and my name & password.
    I used to be able to click on the site name in the left column and that would load the site, name and password. Now it brings up the promo about the 2.99 per mo upgrade.
    I believe all these problems are related to the promo.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmano:

The extension was installed thru the 1password site.

Can you please confirm the version number? Thank you!

I used to be able to click on the site name in the left column and that would load the site, name and password. Now it brings up the promo about the 2.99 per mo upgrade.

I am actually wondering if you have applied the license to your 1Password app. The behavior you are describing is the one where the app runs unlicensed. Can you confirm that you have actually applied the license to the 1Password app?

I believe all these problems are related to the promo.

Very likely, yes :+1:

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana
    I looked for the extension version number and the only thing I came up with is from the extension control page on Safari.
    It states " 1password 7.7 from 1Password 7 "
    Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana
    I bought this license many months ago with no problem.

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

I bought the license on Apr 12, 2020.
    Order #1PA200412-4560-28238
    Installed it and never had a problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmano:

It states " 1password 7.7 from 1Password 7 "

Perfect, thank you!

Installed it and never had a problem.

Can you confirm it is actually installed? To do this, please open the 1Password app and click on 1Password at the top left of your screen, next to the Apple logo, and choose the License.... That little screen will tell you whether you have applied the license to the app yet or not. What do you see there?

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

You probably have solved the problem. That menu does not show License. For some reason, it is gone?
    I did try to open the license and it said I do not have an app to do same. I assume I can get the app on the Apple Store and re-install?
    Assuming that will correct my problem, I want to thank you and your team very much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jmano:

Please make sure you download the app from our website. The Mac App Store version of the app does not support licenses, only 1Password Memberships, and I think you downloaded the app from there ;)

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana
    I am back to normal.
    Thank you. You are the best.
    Jmano

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Jmano! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.