1password not asking to save new logins

Options
kinwolf
kinwolf
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure what I'm missing, but 1password never ask to register new logins. It does update an entry when I change the password, but new logins are not saved(or asked to be saved) I do not see any settings for this so take it it should happen without setting anything up?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @kinwolf 👋

It sounds like you might not have either 1Password X or the 1Password companion app extension installed within your browser, which is needed for 1Password to help you save and fill all of your logins used there.

Get to know 1Password X

Give that link above a shot and let me know if that gets things rolling for you! 💙

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it's installed, sorry for not mentioning it. Latest version of 1password X is installed on firefox.

As I mentioned, if I change a password in an online account, 1password catch it and ask me if I want to update the entry, but when it's a new logon, nothing. No question or popup if I want to save it. :-/

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Oh, wait, my bad When entering a new logon 1passwod pop up suggestions(that are empty) and I dismissed it, but I never noticed the white button at first saying "save in 1password"

A suggestion I might made would be to make that button blue or any other color but white. :)

• Hello @kinwolf,

1Password X only prompts you to save a website when using suggested passwords or the password generator to fill the password input field. That being the case, could you please confirm if you manually type in your password or use the suggested password on a new website?

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    Options

Manually

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hello @kinwolf,

Thank you for your clarification. If you manually type in the password, you can select the Save in 1Password button in the inline menu to save a new login. Please go here for more details.

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, saw it upon a retry, that's the one I am suggesting you make another color than white as it's though to notice it. :) Thanks, we can mark this solved :)

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited January 2021
    Options

@kinwolf,

thanks for your feedback. I agree that the button is not very obvious and changing it to blue would be a good idea. I will send it to the UI team for further consideration. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, and have a great week.

Best regards,

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#539

This discussion has been closed.