MS Edge Browser on OSX Mojave

Options
zoesdad
zoesdad
Community Member

Hi - trying to get the 1Pass extension to work in the Edge browser on the Mac. Reading some other posts, I downloaded the extension via the Chrome store, since it is not available as an Edge add-on. Unfortunately I get the "desktop app required" notice when trying to use the extension. I have 1Pass Ver 7.7 installed on my Mac, 10.14.6. I do not want to run the 1Pass X manager as I have a permanent license, not a subscription. Is it possible to make this work?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zoesdad! Welcome to the forum!

Do you perhaps have a pending update of Edge? This often happens when the browser is in the middle of an update, and making sure there are no updates left to apply is enough to make the message go away.

Note that you might have to quit 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch it after the browser update.

• zoesdad
    zoesdad
    Community Member
    Options

No pending update. Running ver 88.0.705.50. Quitting 1Pass completely, closing all browsers, and rebooting the machine does not solve the issue. Upon restart of Edge, I am getting the warning "1Password can't identify the identity of your Browser".

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zoesdad

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please try the instructions here:

https://support.1password.com/could-not-connect/#what-you-should-do

Making the Chrome directory outlined in that guide should resolve this. Thanks.

Ben

• zoesdad
    zoesdad
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick Ben. Thanks so much!

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.