chrome extension forces login - I use a license, not an account

Getting started w/ a new machine. I use 1password w/ a license and sync via dropbox. Safari and Firefox extensions work fine. Chrome forces me to login, but I don't have an account. I'd just like to be able to use my vault as I do w/ other browsers. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: osx 10.15.7
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension forces login - I use a license, not an account

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited January 2021

Hey @davidsclement. If you have a standalone license, you'll need the classic extension, which is available here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

:smile:

• christianpoirier
    christianpoirier
    Community Member

Thank you for this link that I was having trouble finding.
    However, I can't find the same extension for the Opera browser.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks to you

User of a licence standalone since 2009, since version 3, I bought all intermediate versions up to version 7.
    I regret the strategy of always pushing towards subscriptions. One day I will probably have to give up 1 password because of that.Thank you for this link that I was having trouble finding.
    However, I can't find the same extension for the Opera browser.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks to you

User of a licence standalone since 2009, since version 3, I bought all intermediate versions up to version 7.
    I regret the strategy of always pushing towards subscriptions. One day I will probably have to give up 1 password because of that.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

Hey @christianpoirier ,

Opera is a Chromium based browser, meaning you can install extensions from Chrome's webstore in it:

1. First, you'll need to install the Chrome extensions enabler in Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/install-chrome-extensions/
    2. Then, install the extension from the link ag_michael provided above.
    3. If the extension doesn't work straight out of the box, restart your computer, open and unlock 1Password, then launch Opera.

It is always a pleasure helping out a veteran 1Password user such as yourself! We hope to see you around regardless of which versions/options 1Password have available, and will gladly help you with any and all concerns if you have any.

• christianpoirier
    christianpoirier
    Community Member

Hello, a thousand thanks! It works.
    That's who made a mistake by not activating the chrome extension before installing the 1password extension!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear it, @christianpoirier :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.