Firefox desktop extension in beta 6

bestlem
bestlem
Community Member

Firefox extension seems to have broken . It does not respond

The icon is normally greyed out but does flash a bit.
I uninstalled it and reinstalled from the desktop app and chose the classic again.
It did display the icon, flashed a bit.

1Password Version: 7.7.1-BETA 6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 11.1 Apple Silicon
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @bestlem

Yep, I 2nd this. the expansion is not working in any browser.

• @bestlem @HRD

I am unable to replicate your experience. Could you try quitting your browser completely and then do the same for 1Password?

• Quit the browser completely. (not close) Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

Our trouble shooting guide may also be of help.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks, that did the trick.

• Excellent. Kick the tires as they say, and let us know how the beta works for you. :sunglasses:

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member

About 5 minutes later I did get te Apple message dialog saying

1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser - so I have just updated that to Foirefox 85.

I had done all the quitting etc. Well at least attempting to quit all.
    Quitting the desktop app still leaves 1password in Activity monitor and click on the Dock icon brings it back suspiciously quickly although that could be the Apple Silicon

But then a reboot seems to have fixed it

• Thanks for letting us know you're back up and going. Indeed that reboot may have helped.

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member

And trying beta 7.8.1 I get nothing but a spinning pizza wheel (and suspiciously my desktop logged me out) - So reinstall stable 7.8

And this icon in Firefox problem happens again so I can't use 1password from inside firefox

I have done the usual restarts etc,

Do I have to reboot?

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member

And I close Firfox.

Then close the 1password app. The wait a minute see that the app has gone from the Dock but is still there in Activity Monitor. Kill it and the Extension.

Start Firefox click on 1password icon in Firefox nothing happens.
    Start 1password from the dock. It sits there saying not responding for several minutes, Then as I write this it pops up its login screen and I can move it away form covering up what I write here, The window has no red/amber/green macOS Cocoa system buttons on to left

Then a few minutes later the window loses focus and moves to it normal position. But the buttons are now there but all 3 are grep and I switch to the window I just get the spinning pizza

How do I login in and use 1password now?

I can't do anything but take a sample but this forum does not allow me to provide you with that

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bestlem:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member

Sorry I have now rebooted and back to normal - I'll try to remeber on next update

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @bestlem, thank you for the update!

This discussion has been closed.