Unlocking with Apple Watch Unreliable

JasonN
JasonN
Community Member

Hi there,

I've been having problems with this. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Lots of times 1Password will not show the Apple Watch icon or automatically unlock. I am going to have to switch this feature off if this continues. Apple Watch function works fine with unlocking other apps that support to as well as unlocking MacOS itself.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Kind Regards

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Big Sur 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @JasonN

We have been working on this in our beta series. We hope to get a release out to the users as soon as possible. If the betas are an option for you, you can use this set of directions to enable them.

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated. I will wait until the next version comes out of beta.

• :+1: :chuffed:

• _Sascha_
    _Sascha_
    Community Member

Nice to hear that.

For me it is the same. Sometimes the Watch-Feature disappears even if it still enabled in options. The only way to reactivate, is to disable and reenable the option. And this can become a bit annyoing if that happens to often:

1. MasterPassword for Login to 1 Password.
    2. MasterPassword for Disabling Watch.
    3. MasterPassword for Enabling Watch.
    4. Hoping that this will be the last time.

I appreciate it too and will also join the Beta-Channel.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

Sascha

Let us know how it goes. If you run into the same situation there are a few additional steps we can suggest if needed.

Enable the 1Password betas.

• poshboy
    poshboy
    Community Member

Same problem here too. It is a great feature when it works, just silently stops working for no discernible (as yet) reason. @ag_tommy is there an ETA when the release will be made? If it's going to be a while, I'll also jump on the beta. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@poshboy:

We don't have an ETA at the moment, so if you would like to see if the beta improves the situation for you, you might want to give the beta a try already. In case you don't like it and would like to switch back to the stable version, switching back will be quick too :+1:

• nelly2010
    nelly2010
    Community Member

I have the version from the app store, will it be a complication to download the company version? I am thinking of using the beta version to use watch unlocking....trying to get the autofill feature to work as quickly as the safari keychain version

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@nelly2010

No, it will not be a problem to switch versions,

You can use this set of instructions to enable the betas.

• The betas are not available with the Mac App Store version of 1Password. If you are using that version, you would need to switch to the website version and then enable the betas.

-- All instructions included here for clarity. * The enable betas page has more that may be specific to your usage.

This discussion has been closed.