How to setup logins using Authy for OTP / 2FA

Options

I have a number of accounts with OTP (MFA / 2FA) using google authenticator and 1password handles that perfectly. Scan code or enter code into account information and auto-fills the OTP for me when I login.

I have a new account that does not support google authenticator. They require Authy. I don't see a way to handle Authy style OTP the same in 1password as I have with google authenticator.

Considering Authy is one of the 2FA methods for 1password, it seems like there should be some method for this. Can someone point me to instructions?

1Password Version: 1.23.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:authy otp

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Authy handles two types of token: Authenticator Accounts which are TOTP-based and compatible with Google Authenticator; Authy Accounts which are prompt-based and managed by Twilio. The former can be loaded into 1Password; the latter cannot.

If you want to secure your 1Password account with TOTP-based 2FA then you will need a separate authenticator application. Perhaps you could use Authy for that and the login which requires Authy? Hope that helps.

• Thanks for the assist missingbits.

• garyschneir
    garyschneir
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks anyway but unfortunately, it looks like I need the later. 7 character token created by authy.

https://sendgrid.com/docs/ui/account-and-settings/two-factor-authentication/

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry to hear that, @garyschneir! Hopefully it's only that one login that requires you to use an alternate app for your OTP. :)

This discussion has been closed.