How do I get OneTime password entered for Snapchat?

I can not complete this process from the desktop, only from my iPhone. The app does not allow 1Password to be an authenticator. Any advice would be helpful to appease my OCD and get my 1Password account warnings cleared up. :+1:

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2fa snapchat

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tbistr69! Welcome to the forum!

The app does not allow 1Password to be an authenticator.

Looking at the Snapchat documentation, I see that they do support authenticator apps, so you should be able to use 1Password for this. What happens when you try to scan the Snapchat QR code in 1Password exactly?

• tbistr69
    tbistr69
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

SnapChat does not allow 1Password as an authenticator app, it will only recognize Duo or Google Authenticator. When I try to automatically set it up, it states I do not have an authenticator installed. If I try manually and enter the characters into my 1password app, it will not take it.

• tbistr69
    tbistr69
    Community Member

@ag_tommy, do you have any insight?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@tbistr69

I was able to enter the code on my Mac and successfully generate a working TOTP. Using the manual method, my code was broken up into sets of 4 characters, with a space between them. Make sure to enter the spaces.

I have yet to try Windows, might the spaces be giving you trouble?

• tbistr69
    tbistr69
    Community Member

Hi Tommy, good to hear from you! I had tried that originally but I may not have entered the spaces between the blocks of 4 and it did not work. I tried it again and I got it to work this time! That you for taking the time to follow the process through to make sure it works! It would be nice for future users if 1password and Snapchat could do this process with a QR code. I appreciate your help!

Bill R

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

I would totally agree with your request. I'll discuss it with the team to see if there are any avenues we have available. You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.