Unable to create URL from bookmark data

FOr quite some time i get a quite frequently a PopUp Window saying that MacOS is unable to connect to a file Server that doesn't exist any longer. In recent days it became untenable ( I reappeared up to a 100times right after dismissing the dialog until it stopped, only to reappear after half an hout to an hour.

Today i finally found some time to investigate further- The culprit is com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper which tries to open an smb:// URL to that server. (see attached screenshot). the onepassword4-helper app seems to me a helper app that is a LoginITme that doesn'T show up in SystemPReferences. Needed for the communication between 1Password and 1PasswordMini. Moved it to a different folder and 1Password wouldn't work

My Problem is that i can't find any entry containing parts of this URL in all of my 1PAssword vaults. So where does this URL come from? And how do i remove it?

Please advice

Gerd

P.S.: The number of times seems to be higher is higher if a TimeMachine is attached

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: WLAN Server (very seldom)
Referrer: forum-search:passwordhelper

Comments

• @gerdkamp

It sounds like you have Folder sync enabled and 1Password is unable to find the location that you specified.

• gerdkamp
    gerdkamp
    Community Member

I checked and there is no folder sync to be seen. See attached Screenshots

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gerdkamp:

For confirmation, was folder sync ever enabled in this 1Password app in the past?

• gerdkamp
    gerdkamp
    Community Member

I can't remember ever enabling it. But Its been at least 7 -8 years since i first purchased 1 Password 5 in December 2014 i' not totally sure if i ever did. Since i'm computer literate, could you tell me where ro look for signs of this (e.g plist files somewhre beneath /System/Library or ~/Library) Since the problems exxagerates if i enable Time Machine and i also sometime get warings Thta 2 Versions of 1Passowird are found (one of them on the time machine Backup). Is there a possibility that a backup is interfering?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gerdkamp:

1Password 6 and older versions stored data in the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password4 folder, so that is where I would look. I am not familiar with every file created by older versions of 1Password however, so I am sorry I cannot be more specific, but I am hoping this will point you in the right direction as a first step.

Is there a possibility that a backup is interfering?

Now that you mention this, it is indeed possible. But even if it is unrelated, I think it's worth addressing this. We have created a documentation page about this, which you can find here:

If you see “extra copies of 1Password found”

This discussion has been closed.