Strange password suggestion which entries I can't find in the vault.

2»

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I found a solution for my issue! It's not a syncing issue. ;)

After I played a little with copying, deleting, creating and moving entries to a new vault I had 4 strange entries for logging into the app as suggestions.

After deleting the newly created login entries I was back at 2 entries as suggestions again.

I removed the URLs saved in each of these entries and guess what... There were no passwords suggested when trying to log into the app.

But when trying to log in and search for a login entry in 1Password Auto-Fill manually a message came up because the selected entry didn't have a matching URL and if I want to use it.

So I added the URL to one of the matching entries. Now this login entry was shown as suggestion again.

And now I found the issue for this strange suggestion and the date which is displayed... It's the missing username in that entry! Because the app doesn't need a username I didn't fill in a username in the login entry. So there is only a password.

After adding a random username into the login entry this entry is shown as a normal suggestion when trying to log into the app. There is no strange date in the suggestion anymore.

That's the solution! Adding a random username to the entries which match the app. :)

I sent a link to this solution via e-mail to the support team. Thanks again to all of you for helping! :+1:

• @DenalB

Thanks for sending that information over to my colleagues. I am happy to hear you found a solution.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I am happy to hear you found a solution.

I'm happy, too @ag_tommy. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.