1Password don't suggest password on Microsoft Business/Teams login screen on osX

Options
flipz
flipz
Community Member

Hi,

1Password desktop doesn't seem to recognise that the password input box on some microsoft desktop apps, such as microsoft teams (see attached) is a password field.

My work-around is to manually open 1-password and copy-paste the password but it would be great to know if this is fixable given that I sign in an out on multiple accounts.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flipz! Welcome to the forum!

What browser is this happening with, and with which version of the 1Password browser extension?

• flipz
    flipz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, this is Microsoft Teams on OSX. It looks like a browser window login but it is Microsoft Teams desktop.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@flipz:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested it on my machine too, and I see the same thing. However, I think this is expected behavior: 1Password can fill credentials in your browser because of the 1Password browser extension, but it cannot fill items automatically in those windows, since the extension is not there.

In these cases, the quickest method is probably dragging and dropping the password from 1Password mini in your menu bar.

This discussion has been closed.