1Password fills in wrong credit card number

Options
BillO
BillO
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

MacOS 10.15.7, Safari 14.0.2, 1Password 7.7, website: teasource.com checkout page
Placed cursor in box for credit card number. 1P offered hints including the credit card number I wanted to use. I selected that number. Dialog box asked if I wanted to fill in from 1P. Said yes. All details filled in correctly EXCEPT the credit card number which filled not the credit card number whose last four digits were presented correctly in the hint, but another credit card number (on the same account). That number is also in the entry for the card but has never been autofilled before.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7?? 14.0.2??
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:filling in wrong credit card number

Comments

• Hey @BillO. Sorry for not seeing this sooner! When you say this:

but another credit card number (on the same account). That number is also in the entry for the card but has never been autofilled before.

Do you mean to say that you have two credit cards stored in one Credit Card item?

• BillO
    BillO
    Community Member
    Options

This was a credit card whose number had been changed years ago, perhaps after some breach or other.

It has been long enough ago that I do not remember the steps to change the number.

Nevertheless, the item currently has two set of fields labelled "number", "verification number" and "expiry date". One set has the newer information. The fields containing the older information follow the field labelled "valid from"
    "Valid from" and "type" are each represented by only a single field.

When edit mode is invoked, the fields containing the older information show icons offering to select a type for the field.
    The fields containing the current information do not. The "expiry date" for the older info shows the card as expired.

This credit card item has been like this for at least five years and the issue of filling in the wrong number has never arisen before. Again, it seems particularly odd as the hint (last four digits) referenced the correct current card number.

• Hey @BillO. It's possible a change in the filling brain or extension brought this issue to light, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's caused. I'd recommend removing these extra details moving forward so one Credit Card item only has the details of a single credit card, that is, not two numbers of any sort (card number, verification number, etc.).

This discussion has been closed.