Feature suggestion: Add additional data display to second line of item listing

Options
dmittman
dmittman
Community Member

The listing of items currently shows (generally) the value used in determining sort order: date for the various date sort orders and, somewhat nonsensically, version for the Frequency Used sort order. For my use case, which I'll explain in a moment, it would be ideal to have both dates and version numbers displayed for the date sort orders. In most cases (other than when the item pane is really narrow) there's room on the right side of the second line to display a second data value.

In my use case, I use Software Licenses (along with special entries for each of the computers I manage) to indicate when a particular item of software was updated. The special entries for the computers are updated when that computer's software is fully updated, which then sorts it to the top of the "Date Modified" sort. When I next update some software on any of my computers, that software rises to the top, and now I have a visual indication that one or more of my computers needs its software updated because it is no longer at the top of the list.

This use case has been working well for me. Where some time is wasted is in comparing the version of software installed on a computer against the version number of the software item in 1Password. I can't just scan the sorted item list, I have to select each item in order to view that item's version. If the version number were displayed in the item list, I could simply scan the items above the entry for the computer I'm currently updating and see all the version numbers without further interacting with 1Password during the update process.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @dmittman!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#179

• dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.