transfer from Lastpass didn't work

Options
DaveFeldt
DaveFeldt
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Yesterday my tech guy transferred my data from Lastpass to 1 PW. The URL, user name and password came over ok. The name and notes are a mess. Do I have to delete it all and manually enter everything?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transfer from Lastpass didn't work

ref: XEL-39939-758

Comments

• DaveFeldt
    DaveFeldt
    Community Member
    Options

Transfer

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@DaveFeldt ,

Can you describe what you mean by "mess" a bit more?

How did the transfer occur? I'm guessing the tech guy exported as CSV, and imported it into 1Password directly. LastPass encodes non-Login and non-Notes types in the notes section.

Your tech guy (or you) may have better results with the lastpass converter in the converter suite .

• RussOniPad
    RussOniPad
    Community Member
    Options

Similar issue with LastPass the passwords transfer ok, but when I exported the credit card info LastPass said it was good, but nothing transferred, any idea why?

Thanks, Russ

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@RussOniPad

I don't know how 1Password's internal converter handles Credit Cards - the help site doesn't specifically mention these items. LastPass stores them in an encoded format in their Secure Notes area. Check in 1Password's Secure Notes for those items. Some have mentioned that the conversion did not work well for them.

You could try the converter suite mentioned in the post above. It can handle all of LastPass' categories.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaveFeldt, @RussOniPad:

How did you import your LastPass data exactly? Did you do it following these instructions, or with another method?

• DaveFeldt
    DaveFeldt
    Community Member
    Options

Good Morning,

I took the time to manually enter them. It was a good audit of what I had. Now I'm going back to each one and logging on to the sites. There are small quirks with each one which I suspect is a function of the website not 1Password. When all of this is finished I will go back again and create new passwords via 1Password. Will eventually add two step authentication to the more critical sites. All a process but I think this is a reasonable solution to good security.

Good Luck

• :+1: :chuffed:

Sounds like you have a working solution. Please let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.