To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Differences between 1password.com and 1password.eu

Options
MVRLon
MVRLon
Community Member

Are there differences between 1password.com and 1password.eu other than the currency?

I presume the data on the EU servers is stored only in the EU and not moved to the US at all?
And EU privacy laws apply to .eu accounts?

Is there a guide to transfer from .com to .eu?

I'm still within my 14 day trial window

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Welcome on board @MVRLon! :)

Are there differences between 1password.com and 1password.eu other than the currency?
    I presume the data on the EU servers is stored only in the EU and not moved to the US at all?

Yes, you are right. The region you choose determines the currency you’re billed in and where your secure data is hosted. If you choose 1Password.eu your data is hosted on servers in Frankfurt, Germany as I know.

Is there a guide to transfer from .com to .eu?

Yes, there is. You can find all about the regions and a guide to move your data here:
    https://support.1password.com/regions/

If you have any questions just ask. ;)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Currently, gift cards - which can provide a discount - can only be used on the .com site, not the .eu one.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

That's right @danco! This is a big disadvantage. Hopefully gift cards can be used for 1Password.eu in the future, too. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MVRLon!

Let us know if the answers above help, if if you have any other questions :)

• MVRLon
    MVRLon
    Community Member
    Options

Very helpful thanks. I've transferred my account over to the EU

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Have fun with 1Password. :+1:

• Well, nothing to see here but wonderful answers by our support community. I'll move on to something else. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.