Can't transfer personal vault from business account to my personal account

JEM007
JEM007
Community Member

I am leaving my current job and we use 1Password. I have a personal account inside that business account that as all my personal passwords so I have set up my own personal, separate, 1Pass account. I need to migrate all my passwords etc onto the new personal one, however, when I go through the process manually I cannot select 'Migrate standalone vaults to account"... from Help > Tools.

I need to get this done ASAP as I am leaving the job today - thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @JEM007

You would need to manually add your account to the work device and then move all of your data to the Personal/Private vault inside of the new personal account. Be sure you get any Documents you may have uploaded into the new account. They must be downloaded and moved over manually.

Login to https://my.1password.com and make sure your items are present. If they are, then continue with the next step.

• Open 1Password > Preferences > Accounts and remove your account from the device.
  • JEM007
    JEM007
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Thanks so much for your rapid response @ag_tommy. So do I need to manually move each item across with the Move to Vault option?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@JEM007

No. Select a single item in the middle column and press command + A to select all (they will turn dark blue) and then use the move option to move all of items at once. Don't forget the documents and to sign out when done.

• JEM007
    JEM007
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are very welcome @JEM007! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.