Inbrowser Password Generator Lacking Options?

MONKi1P
MONKi1P
Community Member

I can't for the life of me change the in browser password manager to the type I have set in the macOS app. It always picks what you can see below in the screenshot. Is there some way to change this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MONKi1P!

The passwords that 1Password X suggests are designed to offer the best combination between a secure password, and the possibility that the password will be accepted by most websites, even when they have different passwords rules. For this reason, the suggested password formula cannot be changed directly in the inline menu.

If you need something different than what is being suggested, however, you can use the password generator in 1Password X, which will allow you to change the parameters of the password as you see fit. The suggested option simply makes all of this much quicker, but for those cases where you need something different, the password generator is there for you.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member

Gottcha but it would still be nice to set a new default for the suggested option. Maybe you can pass that along to the devs :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MONKi1P:

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member

Whatever was installed today with the latest .pkg file from 1Password for macOS. Not sure what version it was now.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Hey @ag_ana I just read @Blake post which “said that new Smart Password setting for the password generator “ in 1Password X “now has a toggle to choose the default recipe for password generation!”

So is this what I was talking about?

Post link: https://1password.community/discussion/118383/this-week-1password-01-21-2021#latest

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MONKi1P:

Exactly, that's why I asked for the extension version you are using :) Let's try another way: are you using 1Password in Safari or Chrome/Firefox?

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member

Safari and 1Password X doesn’t exist there, right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MONKi1P:

Correct, the Safari extension looks very similar to 1Password X, but it's not exactly 1Password X. In the future I think we will have a single implementation of the extension with the same features. I know that this new setting in 1Password X is quite recent though, so it's possible it will be just a matter of time before it appears in the Safari extension too.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member

Cool, keep me posted :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.