Edit icon: change icon from clipboard

When 1Password doesn't pickup an icon itself, I mostly search the source code of the page for the favicon.ico and open it.
Then I copy the image from the browser and paste it in 1Password as icon.

Sometimes the favicon is so small I print screen a image and try to paste that in 1Password. It always fails.
Then I edit the screen print in Snagit and resize it to 64x64, copy it to the clipboard and paste it. It fails.

What requirements are there for an image on the clipboard to paste it in 1Password?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Just_me2!

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "it fails"? Do you see an error message when this happens?

• Just_me2
    Just_me2
    Community Member

The placeholder remains empty

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Just_me2,

The placeholder remains empty

If this happens could you please try to paste the icon into a Word document? Is this working or is there also a blank object?

I just added an icon to a new entry via copy and paste and still there was no problem on my side...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Just_me2,

It doesn't have to be a favicon. You can find a logo or an image separately and add it as a Custom Icon in 1Password. Have you tried it?

There is also a related discussion that took place last year. Please check it out and see if it helps. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Just_me2
    Just_me2
    Community Member

The problem seems to be Snagit.
    It doesn't really copy to the clipboard, but uploads it online, and saves that url

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/go/k0z7xp4ys2cb.png

I will know now how to fix it.
    I answered my own question just to let anyone else know.
    Thanks for thinking along.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

The problem seems to be Snagit.

I'm using Snagit and don't have such a problem! Which version are you using? I used 2020 and actually 2021.

You have to enable this setting to copy content into the clipboard.

Is this setting enabled?

• Great catch @DenalB!

Definitely let us know if that fixes things up for you, @Just_me2 💫

• Just_me2
    Just_me2
    Community Member

@DenalB I use the "copy all" from within the editor

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks for mention it, @Just_me2 !

Sometimes I have the problem with Snagit that copying something into the clipboard takes some time. Maybe it helps to wait some seconds after copying an image into the clipboard. Otherwise I don't know what could help. :sweat:

• @Just_me2

Let us know if you find out what seems to be the hangup with SnagIt and copying your icons from your clipboard into 1Password!

• Just_me2
    Just_me2
    Community Member

I will. I asked at Techsmith community. No luck so far.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, we are here in case you need anything @Just_me2 :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I asked at Techsmith community.

Yesterday a new version of Snagit was released. Version 2021.2.1. fixes a lot of bugs. Maybe it is worth trying out this new version?

• Thanks @DenalB! Hopefully this new version helps resolve the issue. :smile:

• Just_me2
    Just_me2
    Community Member

It doesn't

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to heat that, but I hope you will manage to get to the bottom of this with Snagit support @Just_me2 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.