Moving profiles from Private to a shared vault

Options

I've added passwords to my private vault that I need to switch to a shared vault. Can you assist?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Good morning Team 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JustFletch! Welcome to the forum!

Certainly, you can find the instructions here:

Move and copy items

• JustFletch
    JustFletch
    Community Member
    Options

managed to sort this out myself, thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @JustFletch! That's great to hear. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

You say that the Webapp has Move/Copy - Duplicate - Print.

All I see is ...

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    Options

p.s. I can do it in the Windows App.

• JustFletch
    JustFletch
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for your replies, very helpful

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NigelG:

How many vaults do you have in this 1Password account?

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    Options

There is something deeply wrong with this forum software. Every time I come back into the topic I can only post the same thing time and time again. And I don't see the post that you responded to.

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    Options

I have two. One private and one shared.

• @NigelG

Just to confirm, when you're viewing your Private vault, is the option to Move/Copy items not available?

If so, that would point to you not having the appropriate permissions assigned in the Shared vault, preventing you from importing items from other vaults.

You can learn more about the various permissions in 1Password Teams and Business in the article below:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

Let us know if you're instead seeing something else.

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    Options

"Just to confirm, when you're viewing your Private vault, is the option to Move/Copy items not available?"

Correct.

"If so, that would point to you not having the appropriate permissions assigned in the Shared vault, preventing you from importing items from other vaults."

If that was the case, then I would not be able to do it in the native Windows app? But I can.

It is just the web page that doesn't allow me to move.

I am Owner and Administrator of everything.

• @NigelG

Thanks for confirming that. There may be something specific to your 1Password configuration that we’re missing here.

To avoid discussing sensitive account details in this thread, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to continuing from there. :)

• NigelG
    NigelG
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Something is a little squirrely as the things I moved in the native app are now stuck there...and won't sync to the web.

[#BJP-93736-762]

• @NigelG

Thanks for positing the ticket number. I'll reply to your email soon and we can continue the conversation there. 👍

This discussion has been closed.