weird box when 1password is locked in safari

zadigre
zadigre
Community Member

instead of the usual "1password is locked" cute little box I was getting with beta 5 in safari, now I'm getting this with 7.7.1 beta 6:

it works fine... but this looks weird...

1Password Version: 7.7.1 beta 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

While the latest changes are great, especially when 1P is already unlocked, there seems to be an unnecessary step required when 1P is locked. Why in Safari do you have to click on the Unlock Button when it appears, to then have to enter your master password or use TouchID to unlock 1P. Can't the initial pop-up perform the unlock, i.e. prompt for TouchID or Master Password? At a minimum, it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to skip having to click the 'Unlock' button and go straight to the actually unlock dialog

1Password Version: 7.7.1 B2
    OS Version: 11.1
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @zadigre,

Thanks for the feedback. At this time this is the correct presentation.

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Hello,
    the small window indicating that 1Password is locked does not appear correctly with beta 6 of 1Password 7.7.1 ans macOS 11.1 (last public release) -> see attached picture
    Same issue after rebooting the Mac

1Password Version: 7.7.1b6
    Extension Version: 7.7.1b6
    OS Version: macOS 11.1
    Sync Type: 1Password.eu

• @JuCos,

Thanks for your feedback, this is the intended appearance at this time.

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Oh ok!

• @jucos,

The previous version needed to be swapped out because people were typing their master passwords into the password field on the page. There's a new version coming at some point, but this is where it was when the beta was cut.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

In the Safari extension there seems to be a missing string for the German localization in 7.7.1 Beta 6.

I attached a screenshot. Restarting 1Password and the Mac itself did not change anything. It worked in Beta 4.

If you need any more info, please let me know :)

1Password Version: 7.7.1 Beta 6
    OS Version: 11.1 (ARM)
    Sync Type: 1Password Account

• @peacekeeper,

see my answer above.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy!

• On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome.

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Coming back to this. Is it not possible when clicking on the locked 1P icon to present the Touch ID/Master Password Dialog to unlock vs the intermediate step of the mini 'Unlock 1Password' window which then fires up the Touch ID/Master Password Dialog?

• @mikeormerod,

Thanks for the feedback, what you're suggesting is very familiar to me as its where the behavior started before the menu-presentation was added. I have re-iterated the desire to go back to that behavior to the team.

This discussion has been closed.