To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out after creating membership

Options

I've been using the free version of 1password since 2014, solely on my iphone, and have years of data stored. Today I got the brilliant idea to download it on my chromebook, and I became aware of this secret key that I've never used before. I ended up creating a membership account and syncing my old data, now protected by a new password that I stupidly created using the 1pw app on my phone. Now I can't access my account at all. I've emailed a couple of times but I'm hoping for a quicker response, since deleting the account isn't ideal. And I'm shamefully posting this for other dummies like me... don't use your password app to store the new password for said app

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Summertiger11! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us several emails on the same topic. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GTZ-12995-947

This discussion has been closed.