Multi-Page Login with 1Password extension (desktop app required)

Options

Hi,
I think the instructions are pretty for multipage login.
https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/
https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

But I don't see any possibility to save the first part (i,.e. page with username) as a separate 1PW Login.
There is nothing for "save" in the form (where I add my username) and click/right-click on the extension does not show any "Save Login" option.

I'm using 1PW for Win and the Chrome 1Password extension (desktop app required)

Any hint for me?

regards

Joe

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• corma
    corma
    Community Member
    Options

I meant "pretty clear" :-)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @corma,

If you are on a website which you don't have any saved logins for and want to save a new login manually you do this with the help of the extension in the following way.

Normally 1Password should detect a new login if you create it. Hope this helps?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @corma!

I am also sharing the instructions for the classic 1Password extension, which is the one you are using ;)

Use the 1Password classic extension to sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

The instructions you were looking at refer to the latest version of the 1Password extension, so that's why you were seeing different things.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I have several "two page" log-ins. Some of them, however, now stop at the first page and I have to re-click the 1P icon to move to the next page and then click the icon again to get it to complete. This on a Windows 10 PC. How should I correct this?

• Hi @Andrew42

Could you send me and my team an email at support+windows@agilebits.com and include some further information about these "two page" website logins that you're having issues with? If you could include URL's or anything we can attempt to test ourselves, that would be awesome! 😊

• corma
    corma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all the info,
    2 points:

seems it does not work for amazon.de
    PW field is not filled.
    Giving the fact that most pages require this multi-page login I hoped to get an easier solution.

When I use the "classic" version, is the "X" the greater and better new one?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hey @corma,

I’m using the classic extension. And when I’m trying to login to Amazon.de it works like it should...

I open Amazon.de and go to the login page. Here I press "CTRL + #" to open 1Password Mini and chose my account.

Then on the password page I press "CTRL + #" again and chose my account from 1Password Mini again.

Now I'm logged in...

Or do I miss something? :neutral:

EDIT: I forgot the TOTP when logging in on a new browser / computer. After filling in the password I press "CTRL+V" on the TOTP screen to paste in the TOTP.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@corma:

Can you try creating a new Login item for amazon.de, and see if the new one works for you?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

This discussion has been closed.