New 1p7 install on Macs syncs to "Personal" vault, needed to sync to Dropbox "Primary" (long in use)

nbu
nbu
Community Member

Finally bit the bullet installed IP7 and it's a mess. Not sure how it set up sync, but thought it would sync to my long-in-use Dropbox Primary vault (in use since your earliest release). iOS shows both Primary (existing) and Personal (apparently new one 1P7 set up that I didn't think I asked for). Now they are in discrepancy with entires off by ~60, but also both are showing lots of duplicates. I want to use the one, Primary vault on Dropbox for all devices, both MacOS and iOS. How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.1
Sync Type: don't know - 1P7 hides which one it is
Referrer: forum-search:Change sync to dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nbu!

It sounds like you did not just install 1Password 7, you also created a 1Password Membership and migrated your data to it. Was your plan to just upgrade to 1Password 7, or to subscribe to a Membership?

About 1Password membership

• nbu
    nbu
    Community Member

Thought I was just upgrading and using the same vault. Is there a way to reverse this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nbu:

Certainly. Is a copy of your data still in your old Primary vault?

• nbu
    nbu
    Community Member

yes, still there and in use by the iOS IP7 apps. How do I switch the Mac app to use Primary and not Personal, and how do I remove Personal?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nbu:

You can remove the account you created under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, by selecting it and removing it with the little "-" button in that window.

You can then delete your 1Password account if you created it by mistake:

How to delete your 1Password account

• nbu
    nbu
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Thanks! That fixed the vault issue and now the correct vault is on the iMac.

But now 1P mini doesn't work at all in Safari. Icon shows, but nothing happens in a login field or when when clicking on the icon at the end of the field or right clicking on the icon. If I right-click on the field, select Show 1Password mini I get a pop up asking me to subscribe. ?

But if I delete the 1P account, can I still subscribe $ to continue using (coming up to the end of the 14-day trial) without the 1P account? Per the screen notes, if I cancel i can't add/edit to the vault past the end of the trial.

Right now, Primary shows on iOS and Macs, but in the 1P account Personal is the only option. Desire is to subscribe but keep only the one vault in Dropbox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nbu:

Desire is to subscribe but keep only the one vault in Dropbox.

This is not a configuration that we normally recommend, since it can easily lead to confusion between the multiple vaults, but you can certainly do this if you prefer. You can subscribe to activate the app, but continue to use your Primary vault on Dropbox, with your data there.

• nbu
    nbu
    Community Member

Thanks for all your help, but I’ve abandoned 1P7 and gone back to 6. The primary reason was Safari usage, but it seems, in researching through this forum, that that feature is unstable. Plus, don’t like the interface at all for the 1P mini compared to previous versions. But do appreciate your guidance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @nbu, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.