Filling credit card on ebay.de not working

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_ana:

On Windows 10 auto-filling the credit card details didn't work in https://www.ebay.de correctly.
    On iOS it didn't work on https://www.ebay.de and https://www.amazon.de. I was not able to fill in anything.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB .

I'm trying to figure out what isn't working on Ebay's checkout page (using the German version like in your link) but things autofill correctly for me when I try to check out. The card number, CVV, expiration date and card holder's name are all being autofilled properly, using both the 1Password classic extension and the 1Password in the browser extension (1Password X).

Can you please provide me with a bit more details on what exactly is not working/autofilling on your computer, as well as some info about your setup (which browser are you using? What version is your 1Password app and extension? etc).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron,

Sorry I didn't realize that this thread was created from splitting another thread. ;)

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 20H2, 1Password 7.6.791 (beta channel) and the classic extension 4.7.5.90 in Vivaldi browser 3.6.2165.34 (Stable channel) (64-Bit).

When trying to add a new credit card on https://ppcapp.ebay.de/myppc/wallet/list (Zahlungsoption hinzufügen -> Kreditkarte) it doesn't matter if I'm trying to add my VISA or AMEX card. Only the card number and the CVV is autofilled properly.

But it is detected if it is my AMEX or VISA card.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB ,

I tried reaching the page in your screenshot but wasn't allowed to do so. However, the checkout page when purchasing an item as a guest has a very similar (if not identical) credit card form, in which I was able to autofill all types of credit cards into perfectly:

Can you please try the following and let me know if it does work:
    1. Go to Ebay's website and log out of your account.
    2. Try to purchase something and choose checking out as guest.
    3. Fill in a made up address and proceed to the credit-card form.
    4. Try to autofill it with your extension in Vivaldi and see if it autofills all fields like in my screenshot.

If you encounter the same issue where it autofills only the credit card number and CVV, please try creating a new credit card item in your 1Password for testing purposes, and try to autofill using that new credit card, see if it works correctly.

Let me know what you find.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron,

When doing this in your way it works perfectly. All fields are autofilled correctly. :+1:

The link I provided above comes from my account when logged in and want to add a payment.
    Maybe you can try my way, too? Would be interesting if it works for you or not. ;)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for testing @DenalB .

I couldn't do it from my user's profile because it requires me to add it from a different place for some reason.
    I'll need you to collect the page's details and send them over, which will require installing 1Password X for a few minutes and activating it with a membership account. Is that possible for you?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Is that possible for you?

Sure, this is possible @ag_yaron.
    What details do you need and how to get them?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

Great! Here's how:

1. Install 1Password X beta and activate it with your 1Password.com account.
    2. Get to the page where you had problems autofilling a credit card and test if 1Password X beta has the same issue.
    3. If it does, refresh the page so that all fields will be cleared, then right click the 1Password extension on the top right corner of the browser and select "Help" -> "Collect page structure".
    4. Copy the entire content of the structure and paste it into a text document, then send it to us at support+extension@1password.com with a link to this discussion.
    5. Disable/remove the extension and turn on the 1Password Classic extension back on.

In case the beta extesnion did autofill the form correctly, that is already great news and it means the classic extension will soon be updated with the same abilities and fixes.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron ,

I just installed 1 Password Beta extension (1.24.1) and tried to autofill the credit card info. Everything is filled in, but the expiration date is not filled in.

But it is not able to collect the page structure. If I try this the following error appears.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I tried the same in Firefox but didn't have a link to the beta extension. I installed the stable one (1.23.0) and had the same result as in Vivaldi with beta extension.

Now it was possible to collect the page structure. I sent it to you with e-mail. ;)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_yaron

Here is my support ID: [#JGK-44724-243] 😉

• @DenalB

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to locate the page details you sent, thanks for those! I will open an internal issue for our developers to look at. Let's see if there is something we can do here so that everything can be filled correctly 👍

ref: dev/core/core#4783

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks a lot @ag_chantelle . :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for reporting this and providing us with all that is needed @DenalB :+1:

This discussion has been closed.