Is there an option to enforce group based 2FA?

Options

We would like to enforce 2FA configurations for groups with assigned shared vaults while leaving this optional for private vaults. This will simplify the process of shared vault provisioning for our org.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there an option to enforce group based 2FA?

Comments

• ag_max
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @mollie_bit! Welcome to the 1Password Support Community.

With 1Password Business, which comes with Advanced Protection, you can enforce two-factor authentication for your entire team.

When you enforce 2FA, everyone on the team will be prompted to turn on 2FA when they next unlock one of the 1Password apps or sign in from 1Password.com in a browser. This will affect every team member regardless of if they’re using only their Private vault. You can read more about enforcing 2FA for your team here:

Manage two-factor authentication for your team

While there isn’t currently an option to enforce 2FA for specific groups in an account, this functionality has been requested before and I’ll be happy to add your feedback to our internal database for consideration. I can certainly see the benefit of a more versatile 2FA configuration, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted if there is anything else I can do to assist. :)

ref: internal/business-roadmap#31

• mollie_bit
    mollie_bit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_max , this would be a fantastic feature since we have role access requirements which could be leveraged if by group rather than globally.

• @mollie_bit

Absolutely. It would be great to see more fine-grained two-factor authentication controls in 1Password. While I cannot promise this feature will become a reality, we greatly value feedback here at 1Password, and I hope our development team can come up with an intuitive solution in the future. In the meantime, let us know if we can help you with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.