To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password for journalists

khiemnt
khiemnt
Community Member

A few days ago I signed up for the 1password for journalists program.

After that, I received a response email satisfying the program conditions quite quickly.

Then I got an email that I have a 1password family account added by a family member. I then asked what should I do to continue using this email for the 1password for journalists program. How long will this account expire?

However I waited for almost 12 hours without any response so I removed it from my current family account and created another account with that email, I am now on a 14-day trial account.

I want to ask how long will I have to wait for the press account to be assigned to my 1password Account.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @khiemnt! Welcome to the forum!

However I waited for almost 12 hours without any response

We try to reply to every email within 24 hours, but sometimes it takes us a little bit longer, especially on weekends. But we reply to every email we receive, so someone will be with you as soon as possible :+1:

I suggest not making any further changes to your account situation until my colleagues have had the chance to help you. In any case, we cannot see account information on the forum for privacy reasons, so we will have to continue via email.

Have you received a ticket number already, so we can connect it with this forum discussion?

• khiemnt
    khiemnt
    Community Member

I don't have any tickets, only one reply email from 1password's support mailbox with content that satisfies the conditions
    "You’re absolutely eligible for a free account with 1Password for Journalism ..."

I signed up for the email to send 1password as a 14-day trial and am eager to wait until the date of getting a press account, because I really like 1password.

Look forward to attaching a press account soon.

• khiemnt
    khiemnt
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

I have waited about 36-48 hours since I provided the email to get my press account attached.

How much longer will I have to wait, since I'm in Vietnam, my side is going to the Lunar New Year and according to custom, the old affairs should be resolved before the New Year so I hope to settle it soon.

The person who mailed me was Kayla Tycholiz
    -Marketing & Partnerships Coordinator

Tks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

@khiemnt:

I don't have any tickets, only one reply email from 1password's support mailbox with content that satisfies the conditions

If you look at the subject of this email, you should see a ticket number there, between square brackets. Can you please tell us what it is? Thank you!

• khiemnt
    khiemnt
    Community Member

@ag_ana The email is only titled “1password for journalists”, after I registered on web

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@khiemnt:

I can look for the email manually for you then. Did you use the same email that you are using here on the forum? I can lookup your message like that :+1:

• khiemnt
    khiemnt
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I use work mail with gov.vn extension so it is not convenient to public, can I fw email you, including the replyed 1password content.

Can you give me your email so I can send mail?

tks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

@khiemnt:

I will reach out to you with a direct message here on the forum in a moment, so you don't need to share your email here in public :+1:

ref: BQD-31164-634

This discussion has been closed.