1PW will not open link in new tab - Mac OS Lion in Firefox

Protiusmime
Protiusmime
Community Member
edited March 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
No matter what I try, I can not get the clicked link in 1PW to open the link in a NEW tab. Using Mac OS Lion, Firefox 10.0.2
This worked up until this week with no problem. This is a problem because if I should open two or more 1PW links, they all open in the same Tab which, of course, leaves them all open when I close the Tab. Some of my secure sites will log me out after a time period, but this is not acceptable. I have not changed anything in Firefox Preferences or in Tab Mix Plus which is an installed Add-On. 1PW extension for Firefox is current.
What has changed this week with 1PW? Any help would be appreciated.

Additional: This problem only exists using 1PW. When selecting any bookmark in Firefox, they open in new tabs as expected. Just thought I would include this bit of info, if it should help narrow this down.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Protiusmime.

If you click the "Open Login in…" header in the extension, you can toggle between "…New Tab", "…New Window", and "…Current Tab".

20120312-d4ppcc549rp541qixcy256imdr.png
    If you are still having trouble, please let me know how are you accessing the Login items are you selecting them from that "Open Login in…" section, double-clicking them in the list of Login items in main 1Password application, or some other way.
  • Protiusmime
    Protiusmime
    Community Member
    edited March 2012
    Hello, Khad:
    First, I do not see the "Open Login in New Tab" etc. in the header extension. The only toggle selection I see under the Logins banner is a choice between "Fill Login" and "Fill and Submit Login".
    My version of 1Password is Version 3.8.17 (build 31272). All of my Logins are listed by clicking the 1Password icon in my Firefox toolbar. I have always just clicked that icon and then from the selection list, single-click whatever Link I wanted to go to. I tried looking in the Login Settings under Details but do not see any such ability to select how I want the link to open as you described.
    My home page always opens in the first tab in Firefox. In the past, all I had to do was do what I described above and a new tab would open at the login page as expected. If I select a site out of my Bookmarks, the page opens in a new tab as expected. It must be something with 1Password? Thank you for any help you can give. It is a problem to try to access more than one 1Password link because they overwrite themselves in the single tab and consequently leave some sites open when I close the tab.

Mac iMac 27", OS Lion 10.7.2
    Chuck
  • Protiusmime
    Protiusmime
    Community Member
    Khad:
    I solved my issue. You were correct in directing me to the Extension selector. My problem was that between my bifocals and the fact that the Selector was down in the list of Link names, I did not see it. Everything is working fine again. Thank you very much for your help. My error and bad eyes!!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad everything is working well. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help! :)
This discussion has been closed.