1password not prompting auto saving using chrome on mac

Options
rayq
rayq
Community Member

As seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzYfS0kjgTs&t=48s&ab_channel=1Password

I confirmed on safari it works as shown in the video. Yes I went to settings and enabled "offer to save and fill password"

This is most certainly a bug on 1password's end that needs to be forwarded to the engineering team. Unfortunate because I'm a day 1 user.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password not prompting auto saving using chrome on mac

Comments

• rayq
    rayq
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Following up with more infromation:

I tried logging in to amazon on chrome and no prompt. I tried logging in to amazon on safari and got the prompt.

Current workaround is to remember to press the save button when I enter my password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rayq! Welcome to the forum!

I don't see this behavior on my machine. I think this is happening because you are looking at the video for the classic browser extension, but you are using the latest 1Password extension instead, which behaves differently.

If you want the extension that you see in the video, you can download it from here.

• rayq
    rayq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana.

There is an explicit setting "offer to save and fill password" which is enabled but it isn't doing it. Also, on safari, it does offer to save the credentials after I log in.

Are you suggesting that the latest chrome extension was designed to behave differently than every other browser? What does the setting do?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rayq:

There is an explicit setting "offer to save and fill password" which is enabled but it isn't doing it.

If you are not using the classic extension I linked to in my previous post, that setting has no effect. If you are using version 1.23.0, that's an independent extension that runs completely inside the browser, with no connectivity to the 1Password desktop app. You will need the classic browser extension for that setting.

• rayq
    rayq
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I recommend you remove a setting that does nothing. Thanks for your time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rayq:

Thank you for the feedback! If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.