To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to force a sync between Macs

alan412
alan412
Community Member

I have two Macs that are both setup with my families account (same account for me on both of them). But one fo them has a stale version of account info. How can I force a sync?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• @alan412

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had.

Our development team has been investigating reports such as yours. The belief is that our notifier service, which watches for changes, is getting blocked at the device or network level. From all of the reports we have received, switching vaults and then back to the original vault will result in syncing.

Could you give that a shot and let me know how it goes? I have added your report to those who have experienced this behavior.

Alternatively, if you have a single vault, you can try quitting 1Password completely.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.
  • alan412
    alan412
    Community Member

switching vaults worked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @alan412! That's great to hear :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• youngers
    youngers
    Community Member

Same problem for me as OP. I only had one vault so I created a test vault. Switched to that vault then switched back to my normal vault. It then picked up the sync fine.

• @yonugers

I'm sorry for the need to use the workaround. I hope we can get this resolved soon.

This discussion has been closed.