Preview pdf-documents not working

Options
Michael13
Michael13
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, accidental I detected that there is a preview for imported documents, but only in jpg-format. Preview for pdf's won't work. Is there any document about supported types? I didn't found nothing by search.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael13!

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using, and on what operating system?

• Michael13
    Michael13
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,
    OS is Win 10 prof, app is version 7.6.791. Browser firefox 85.0.1 and chrome version 88.0.4324.146.
    Meantime i found out that not all jpgs are shown in preview. Is there a limitation size for preview build in? Cause 1 picture is shown with a size of 419kb, 2 other jpgs with a size around 1860kb are not. When I uploaded the files this morning, both bigger jpgs were also visible in preview. My pdf has a size of 549kb and was never displayed.
    The app, firefox and chrome act identical.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael13,

There are indeed some limitations in the current version of 1Password 7 for Windows. Please check my reply to a similar question some time ago.

TL;DR: 1Password 7 for Windows supports only JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP image previews, if they are smaller than 1MB in size. The preview for PDF documents is not available on Windows, because Windows uses Microsoft Edge as its viewer and we are not able to integrate it into 1Password.

I hope it helps. If you have any further questions, we are always ready to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

The preview for PDF documents is not available on Windows, because Windows uses Microsoft Edge as its viewer and we are not able to integrate it into 1Password.

Good to know. Thanks @Greg ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Greg, you are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.