Feature Request

Options

An option to disable the mini and/or not have it pop up when logging in. I have no use for it and would like to disable it altogether, but keep it for those that do use it. I log into Windows, then log into 1Password and the mini pops up. The ctrl click the icon to bring up the main app is a nice shortcut however. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @meshywulf you are probably looking for this Autosave setting

• meshywulf
    meshywulf
    Community Member
    Options

No, that has nothing to do with it. I know that one. Just like now, I booted up my PC, signed into 1Password and then the mini popped up and I had to click out of it. I don't have a password on my PC since it's just me in the house, so it boots straight to desktop, then I sign into 1Password, it's set to start with Windows so I don't have to fuss with it, just click the icon and sign it. But then I get the mini popping up when I don't need it or want it.

Thanks.

• Ah, so you are clicking on icon in the taskbar to unlock 1Password. Yep, that's Show Mini command. Any reason you want to unlock 1Password before you actually use it?

• meshywulf
    meshywulf
    Community Member
    Options

I unlock it, so that when I head off to my browser the extension is already unlocked and ready to go, browse for a bit, check a few things, then back to desktop to game, which I use the app for. It's sort of like laying out your tools ahead of time for a project, so that when you're ready for a particular tool, it's already in front of you ready to go and you don't have to go looking for it or anything. And even still, if I waited for when I did need it, I'd click the icon to log in and the mini would still pop.

There was a thread here somewhere about it a while back that I saw where it was mentioned to have an option to disable it as well. Just thought I'd chime in too.

• I see, thanks for sharing your workflow with us. At the moment it does want to present you with some window (mini or main app) after unlock. My personal workflow is similar, but being a keyboard beast, I usually hit Ctrl+Shift+\ to show main window and leave it open.

• meshywulf
    meshywulf
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm sure everyone is different, but I've seen that option on other managers and just thought I'd throw that in there, it's not a game changer or anything, just maybe an option for those that might like it. Thanks again for the replies and information.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

For me 1Password also is started when I boot my computer. But I don’t want to login right after Windows is started.

I open the browser and if I need to sign in I press CTRL+#, type in the Master Password and credentials are filled in. There is no popup opening.

And when I want to use the desktop app I just press CTRL+SHIFT+# and if I’m not logged in already I have to type in the Master Password.

But yes, when clicking on the icon in the systray and I‘m not logged in already I have to type in the Master Password and 1Password Mini pops up. But this is not my typical workflow.

• Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share your use-case @meshywulf

This is something we will definitely continue to look at moving into the future, but we can't make any promises just yet.

Let us know if there's anything else you think of! 💙

This discussion has been closed.