To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Having trouble changing region.

Options
Stompie79
Stompie79
Community Member

I originally signed up accidentally in the US region and as that years subscription is up I want to move to the Canadian region.
As per the instructions at https://support.1password.com/regions/#change-your-region I've signed up for an a Canadian account but can't sign into the new account through 1password.com or the app. It just keeps saying "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect". I know that's not the case so now I'm stuck with an overdue US account and a empty Canadian account I can't copy anything into.
I've also tried to at least backup my US account following the instructions at https://support.1password.com/backups/ but "%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Backups" doesn't find anything on my PC.
I'm kind of stuck and worried my 150+ passwords will be lost on the US account before I've got a chance to resolve this.

1Password Version: 1.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:changing region

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stompie79!

I've signed up for an a Canadian account but can't sign into the new account through 1password.com or the app. It just keeps saying "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect".

If you created a Canadian account, can you make sure you are trying to login through 1Password.ca instead of through 1Password.com? Are you able to login there?

• Stompie79
    Stompie79
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,

Thanks for your time. I was able to resolve my issue after creating a second Canadian account. I might have created my own problems with a duplicate password the first time but I'm not sure. I was logged into the Canadian 1password.ca. Either way I've been able to resolve the issue and get things moved over.

Cheers,

Paul

• @Stompie79

Thanks for letting us know you have resolved your troubles. If we have questions, we're close-at-hand. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.